Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed! Alleluia!
He is risen! He is risen indeed! Thank you for joining us at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Joplin, Missouri as we celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ on Easter Sunday! Welcome to Easter at Immanuel.
Our Easter broadcast features views of our church sanctuary decorated for Easter, beautiful music, an uplifting message of hope, plus a few surprises too.
Because of the Coronavirus pandemic, our congregation is ONLINE only until we can meet together again. We invite you to join us for worship throughout Holy Week. In addition to our Easter broadcast on 4/12, we have broadcasts at facebook.com/immanueljoplin on Palm Sunday (4/5), Maundy Thursday (4/9), and Good Friday (4/10). We hope you’ll join us every Sunday as we gather for worship online!
Find and Watch Our Holy Week and Easter Broadcasts
- Palm Sunday Broadcast 4/5
- Maundy Thursday Broadcast 4/9
- Good Friday Broadcast 4/10
- Easter Sunday Broadcast 4/12
Easter 2020 “Selfies”
Thanks for making our Easter Selfies and Alleluia Butterflies such a success! Watch the Easter 2020 Intro video here.
Enjoy this Easter 2020 Selfie photo gallery with all of our Easter Selfies inside!
The Easter Selfie Project
Help us to share Easter joy! Download and print our Easter Selfie Sheet. Here are some instructions:
- Download your Easter Selfie Sheet HERE, pick one up from the “sunny day cart” on the sidewalk just outside Immanuel’s church office, M-F from 9 to 3pm, or make your own.
- Decorate the butterflies on the Easter Selfie Sheet.
- Take a “selfie” of your family holding the sheet.
- Send your selfie picture by message to Jason Glaskey (using the number printed on the sheet).
- Display your Easter Selfie Sheet in the front window of your home for your neighbors to see!
- The Easter Selfies will be used in a special way during our Easter Sunday broadcast. Thank you for participating!
Do you have questions? Give us a call at the Church Office anytime during the week at 417-624-0333. We hope to see you at Immanuel very soon.
Eyes On Jesus: Theme And Scripture
- Easter Sunday, April 12
- Angel Eyes
- Mark 16:1–8
Early on Easter morning, the angel, which means “messenger,” announced what he knew to be true: the tomb was empty because Christ had risen. The women were initially overcome with fear, as anyone would be if confronted by a holy herald from God. Their physical eyes would not see our Lord until He revealed Himself. But we have been given the angel’s eyes, as it were, for by faith we see our Lord with us now. The news the angel proclaimed is too good to keep to ourselves. As God’s messengers today, it is our turn to tell the world that He is risen indeed!
Eyes on Jesus asks us to look at Jesus through various biblical characters’ viewpoints, learning how they viewed Jesus. Did they misunderstand Him? Did they recognize Him as the Son of God? With Bible passages from the Gospel of Mark, challenge yourself to consider what you see when you look at Jesus.