Youth Belong at Immanuel
COVID-19 “HOUSE RULES” FOR YOUTH MINISTRY
We are the student ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church. Our Youth Center is a place to belong, grow, and serve for students in grades 6 to 12. Join us in our Youth Ministry!
- Youth Building with comfy couches and seating areas, technology and screens, ping pong, pool table, great snacks and more—a space designed for young people.
- Sunday Morning Bible Class for high school students, with studies that help us to understand the ever-changing world and culture we live in as we learn of truth that does not change—Jesus Christ and His Word, the Bible. (Sundays from 9:20 to 10:15am)
- Sunday School for pre-high school youth, held in the School Building
- Youth Night Wednesdays—Food, Friends, Faith—for students in middle school and high school.
- Midweek Confirmation Classes to help 6th-7th-8th graders and their parents to grow together in faith. (Wednesdays from 5:45 to 8:00pm)
- Opportunities for service both near and far, including yearly national mission trips.
- State-wide and national youth gatherings and other activities designed to help students connect with God and one another.
- A diverse youth ministry, attracting and welcoming students from nearly a dozen area schools.
- A caring, safe environment to nurture faith and grow in relationship with Jesus Christ and one another.
Stay Connected with REMIND
- REMIND is Immanuel-Joplin Youth’s text messaging service.
- A way to communicate safely with students and families.
- Receive messages once or twice a week to keep you informed.
- Text “@joplinuth” to “81010” to begin, or follow this link:
Buy A Youth Ministry Super Sub! There are many, many subs to sell! On Sunday you will surely smell A sandwich that you love so well, So come, buy a Super Sub! We make them fresh—you’ll taste the proof! The proceeds surely help each youth To go and grow and hear the Truth Of Christ at their Youth Gatherings!
Sign Up to Be A Hero Wednesday Night YOUTH MEALS are an important part of Immanuel’s ministry to kids in our church, school, and neighborhood. Dozens of youth come each week through the year to enjoy a variety of kid-friendly menus, and stick around to be fed by God’s Word. Pray about it, and decide how you’d like to be a part of providing good food for our Wednesday Night Youth Meals ministry. If you choose to sign up, you’ll be…
Come to the Junior High Gathering Camp Windermere – Lake of the Ozarks | March 27-29, 2020 The Missouri District Lutheran Jr High Retreat is returning this Spring on March 27-29 around the theme, “Peace Rules”. Our focus this year is on the Table of Duties from Luther’s Small Catechism and its teachings about relationships and vocation. Our presenter is Sarah Salzberg, high school teacher and LCMS National Youth Gathering presenter from Orange County, California. Band! This Spring, Bread of Stone…
2020-2021 School Year Youth Calendar and Activities Schedule (NEW CALENDAR FOR THIS SCHOOL YEAR IS COMING SOON…) Immanuel Lutheran Youth Ministry in Joplin, Missouri has lots going on for the school year ahead. We hope you can be a part of what God is doing in our youth ministry. Check out our Activities Calendar! Dates, times, and events may change a bit as the year moves forward, but you will see the most updated version right here. Click to view…
Growing Continually In Faith with Confirmation Classes Midweek Classes for Middle School Youth and Parents | Wednesday Evenings at 6:45 pm A Word From Pastor Mech Dear and Trusted Parents, One of the most sacred tasks our Lord calls us to as parents is that of bringing our children up in the fear and knowledge of the Lord. With no end of nonsense available on the internet, this generation can easily be misled into strange and fanciful ideas of who…
Immanuel-Joplin at the LCMS Gathering Minneapolis, Minnesota | July 9-16, 2019 | Real. Present. God. Held every 3 years since 1980, the LCMS Youth Gathering provides thousands of youth and adults the opportunity to come together as a community of God’s people to learn more about Jesus Christ, the Christian faith and their Lutheran identity. During the five days of the Gathering, youth spend time together in God’s word, worship, service, and fellowship with others from across the synod. This event…