Youth Belong at Immanuel
We are the student ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church. Our Youth Center is a place to belong, grow, and serve for students in grades 6 to 12. Join us in our Youth Ministry!
- Youth Building with comfy couches and seating areas, technology and screens, ping pong, pool table, great snacks and more—a space designed for young people.
- Sunday Morning Bible Class for high school students, with studies that help us to understand the ever-changing world and culture we live in as we learn of truth that does not change—Jesus Christ and His Word, the Bible. (Sundays from 9:20 to 10:15am)
- Sunday School for pre-high school youth, held in the School Building
- Youth Night Wednesdays—Food, Friends, Faith—for students in junior high and high school.
- Midweek Confirmation Classes to help 5th-8th graders and their parents to grow together in faith. (Wednesdays from 5:45 to 8:00pm)
- Opportunities for service both near and far, including yearly national mission trips.
- State-wide and national youth gatherings and other activities designed to help students connect with God and one another.
- A diverse youth ministry, attracting and welcoming students from nearly a dozen area schools.
- A caring, safe environment to nurture faith and grow in relationship with Jesus Christ and one another.
Stay Connected with REMIND
- REMIND is Immanuel-Joplin Youth’s text messaging service.
- A way to communicate safely with students and families.
- Receive messages once or twice a week to keep you informed.
- Text “@joplinuth” to “81010” to begin, or follow this link:
Sign Up to Be A Hero Wednesday Night YOUTH MEALS are an important part of Immanuel’s ministry to kids in our church, school, and neighborhood. Dozens of youth come each week through the year to enjoy a variety of kid-friendly menus, and stick around to be fed by God’s Word. Pray about it, and decide how you’d like to be a part of providing good food for our Wednesday Night Youth Meals ministry. If you choose to sign up, you’ll be…
Come to the Junior High Gathering Camp Windermere – Lake of the Ozarks | March 29-31, 2019 The Missouri District Lutheran Jr High Retreat is returning this Spring on March 29-31 around the theme, “ONE”. Our focus this year is on the Sacrament of the Altar and preparing for Holy Communion. Our presenter & worship leader is Rev. Matthew Gonzalez, pastor in The Bronx, New York City at Trinity Lutheran Church. New band! This Spring, Bread of Stone returns as our band…
2018-2019 school year Immanuel Lutheran Youth in Joplin has lots going on for the school year ahead. We hope you can be a part of what God is doing in our youth ministry. Check out our Activities Calendar! Dates, times, and events may change a bit as the year moves forward, but you will see the most updated version right here. Click to view the full-sized calendar, or you may choose to add our Google calendar to your phone. We look…
Arkadia Arcade Youth Trip Sunday, April 7, 2019 | 11:30 am to 7:00 pm | $10 per participant Join Immanuel Youth as they tap, maneuver, attack and outwit alien invaders and other 8-bit foes from the 1980’s at the Arkadia Retrocade in Fayetteville, Arkansas on Sunday afternoon, April 7. All youth in grades 6-12 and their friends are welcome. For just $10, students will receive several hours of free play at Arkansas’ biggest and best retro arcade, as well as…
Immanuel-Joplin at the LCMS Gathering Minneapolis, Minnesota | July 9-16, 2019 | Real. Present. God. Held every 3 years since 1980, the LCMS Youth Gathering provides thousands of youth and adults the opportunity to come together as a community of God’s people to learn more about Jesus Christ, the Christian faith and their Lutheran identity. During the five days of the Gathering, youth spend time together in God’s word, worship, service, and fellowship with others from across the synod. This event…