Our Savior Comes to Rescue Us
VBS At Home 2020 | Immanuel Lutheran Church LCMS – Joplin, MO | immanueljoplin.com/VBS
WEEK TWO LAUNCHES at 6pm on Sunday, July 19. Join us LIVE ONLINE! Find the LAUNCH video stream below.
We welcome you to “VBS At Home,” an ambitious project, faithfully produced by a small team of talented, creative and motivated folks from Immanuel Lutheran Church and Martin Luther School in Joplin, Missouri.
Our VBS 2020 team has been working for weeks — praying, gathering resources, organizing lessons, assembling dozens of at-home kits, and recording more than 25 short videos to provide a safe and responsible “COVID-19 friendly” alternative to traditional Vacation Bible School.
We pray that you as parents and children will grow closer to Jesus as you use these weekly resources together; that we will all be connected through a common at-home VBS experience centered in God’s Word. Jesus has come to Rescue and Redeem the world. God’s steadfast love endures forever!
How To Do “VBS At Home”
- Immanuel’s “Vacation Bible School At Home” lasts for 5 weeks.
- A new lesson will be launched right here every Sunday evening with a LIVE video.
- Each week is divided into four sections: LAUNCH, LEARN, LIVE, LEAVE.
- Complete each section together at your own pace. You can do it all at once or do a different part every day.
- A variety of fun weekly videos are posted to guide you through each part.
- The Weekly Family Guide, craft and snack supplies and more are included in the VBS At Home Family Kit — provided free of charge to all who Register Online.
- Still have questions? Call the Church Office at 417-624-0333 or fill out our Contact Form.
In the LAUNCH Live Opening Broadcast (also on YouTube) we will welcome you with music and online interaction. We will also discover our “Flipgrid Mission” and introduce the WEEK TWO Story… “Our Savior Comes to Rescue Us.”
Tune in right here at 6:00 pm on Sunday evening, July 19 as we LAUNCH this week’s VBS At Home. God’s Steadfast Love Endures Forever!
As we LEARN, we will watch a creative telling of the WEEK TWO story about when Jesus comes at Christmas — “Jesus Comes to Rescue Us!” A family discussion/teaching guide is included in your “VBS At Home” Family Kit. (Need a free kit? Register for VBS here.)
In the LIVE section, you will create a craft project, build a fun snack, play fun games and more! Most materials will be included in your Family Kit. The videos will take you step-by-step through each project. Have fun as you LIVE together in God’s steadfast love!
LEAVE (SHOW & TELL)
Before we LEAVE and finish up with WEEK TWO, let’s SHOW & TELL! We will post a recap video with (hopefully) many of the pictures, videos and comments you have submitted throughout the week on social media, using the hashtag #immanueljoplinVBS.
We are also using a classroom tool called the Flipgrid App. We can’t wait to see the creative ways you are using your “VBS At Home” resources, and your answer to the WEEK TWO DISCUSSION QUESTION…
What is your favorite part of the story of Jesus’ birth? Why did Jesus come to rescue us?
Make a video of your answer and post it to Flipgrid! See below.