Wednesdays of Lent 2021
- Lenten Worship Service at 7:00 pm
- Services are streamed on Facebook LIVE and on YouTube.
- Coronavirus Safety Measures and more can be found on the COVID-19 Response Page.
- (Note: We will omit the 4:00 pm service and family meal for this year.)
Join us each Wednesday during Lent — between February 17 and March 24 until Easter — for our 40-day journey with Jesus to the cross, featuring our Lenten Worship Services. The season of Lent serves not only as a time to meditate on the suffering that Christ endured on our behalf but also as an opportunity to reflect upon our own Baptism and what it means to live as a child of God.
Midweek Worship Services at 7:00 pm are held over the course of six weeks each Wednesday evening. Enjoy a thoughtful, grace-filled worship service and come as you are — straight from work or school. Relax, pray, and share with friends and family. Come, feed your body and soul at Immanuel Lutheran Church during Lent 2021.
Lent 2021 Worship Series
“Return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love.”(Joel 2:13)
God is calling you to return.
Return to the Lord… God’s invitation and promise finds its fullness in Jesus Christ, who personified and accomplishes all that God declares. Follow different events during the Passion, specifically focusing on the people that followed Christ, to see how God calls His people to return to Him this Lenten season.
- Ash Wednesday, February 17 | A Call to Return | Matthew 6:1–6, 16–21
- Midweek 1, February 24 | Return to Prayer | Matthew 36:36–46
- Midweek 2, March 3 | Return from Betrayal | John 18:1–11
- Midweek 3, March 10 | Return from False Witness | Matthew 26:57–68
- Midweek 4, March 17 | Return from Denial | Luke 22:54–62
- Midweek 5, March 24 | Return to the Kingdom of God | John 18:28
- Holy Thursday, April 1 | Return to the Table | Mark 14:12–26
- Good Friday, April 2 | Return to the Truth | John 19:1–16
- Easter Vigil, April 3 | Return to the Church | John 19:28-37
- Easter Sunday, April 4 | Return and See | Matthew 28:1–10
Follow the Passion narrative and its practical applications for those who walked alongside Jesus as He carried out God’s grace and mercy for all. Listeners will reflect on their own sinful nature, understand how they have turned away, and delight in God’s call to return to Him wholeheartedly.