Providing Christian Education Opportunities for All Ages
Christian Education Meeting | 6:30 pm on the Second Tuesday of the Month
[The Board of Christian Education is to] offer opportunities for spiritual growth and for the strengthening of Christian lives to people of all ages by providing a variety of agencies and means for the study and learning of God’s Word.
Quoted from Immanuel’s Constitution and Bylaws.
The Board of Christian Education meets on the second Tuesday of each month to plan and coordinate various Christian education opportunities. These ministries include:
- Kids Ministry (Sunday School and Children)
- Vacation Bible School
- Youth Classes
- Adult Classes
Want to learn more about the Board of Christian Education? Contact the board chairperson, Mr. Larry Rula or contact the church office at (417) 624-0333.
Responsibilities of the Board of Christian Education
(quoted from Immanuel Lutheran Church’s Constitution and Bylaws)
- 24.1 Offer opportunities for spiritual growth and for the strengthening of Christian lives to people of all ages by providing a variety of agencies and means for the study and learning of God’s Word.
- 24.2 Help equip parents to provide Christian education for their children.
- 24.3 Select Christian, comprehensive, balanced, and functional curricula so that the objectives for each agency and age level can be achieved.
- 24.4 Develop teacher training and leadership programs in the area of Christian education so that the present and future needs of the congregation will be met.
- 24.5 Bring to the attention of the Church Council the personnel, facility and equipment needs of the educational agencies for which it is responsible.
- 24.6 Supervise, subject to the approval of the Church Council, the collection and disbursement of funds received within its educational agencies.
- 24.7 Review and evaluate its educational agencies and programs, and plan for their improvement on the basis of such regular evaluations.
- 24.8 Supervise the Scouting Program, if one is sponsored by the Church.
- 24.9 Manage its budget.