Assimilation Board Monthly Meeting
6:00 pm on the First Tuesday of Each Month | Assimilation Meeting
Immanuel’s Board of Assimilation meets monthly to plan ministry and activities designed to welcome newcomers, connecting them to our mission, ministry and church family. Our Assimilation Meeting is normally held on the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm.
[The Assimilation Board is to] encourage and facilitate assimilation: the full and joyful participation of each member of the Congregation in the spiritual, service, and fellowship activities of Immanuel Lutheran Church and its organizations.
Quoted from Immanuel’s Constitution and Bylaws.
Are you interested in learning more about the Assimilation Board at Immanuel? Contact the head of the Assimilation Board, Becky Wuerdeman. Contact the Church Office at 417-624-0333.
Assimilation Board Official Responsibilities
(an excerpt from Immanuel’s Constitution and Bylaws)
- 31.1 Encourage and facilitate assimilation: the full and joyful participation of each member of the Congregation in the spiritual, service, and fellowship activities of Immanuel Lutheran Church and its organizations.
- 31.2 Assist in identifying and developing each member’s spiritual gifts, such as evangelism, teaching, care-giving, and musical ability.
- 31.3 Gather information from the present members of the Congregation annually and new members as soon as feasible to discover their requests, interests, and concerns in the following areas:
- 31.3.1 Worship, prayer and Bible study.
- 31.3.2 Additional services they believe the Congregation should supply.
- 31.3.3 Their serving on Boards or in other activities of the Congregation and its organizations.
- 31.3.4 Fellowship activities.
- 31.4 Obtain from the organizations of the Congregation and, from the Constitution and Bylaws, lists of duties and of special talents and skills needed to carry out those duties, and then, to compile the information and share it with the members of the Congregation.
- 31.5 Survey the present members of the Congregation annually and new members as soon as feasible to discover who has the special talents or skills needed by the Congregation and its organizations.
- 31.6 Catalog the information obtained in the surveys and distribute it to appropriate individuals, boards, and organizations for their consideration and use.
- 31.7 Establish and implement, for new members, a carefully monitored, year-long assimilation program, including in part:
- 31.7.1 Providing for a formal and an informal reception.
- 31.7.2 Producing, regularly updating, and distributing an information and resource packet, including the Constitution and Bylaws.
- 31.7.3 Planning and conducting an orientation meeting, which includes reviewing the Constitution and Bylaws.
- 31.7.4 Instituting and maintaining an effective New Member Sponsor Program.
- 31.8 Acquaint the members of the Congregation with each other through such means as providing name tags, making new member posters, administering the preparation of the pictorial directory, and listing members’ professional and vocational services.
- 31.9 Promote, facilitate, and organize Christian fellowship activities for members of the Congregation and of the community.
- 31.10 Manage its budget.
Assimilation Meeting | Immanuel Lutheran Church LCMS
Monthly Board of Assimilation Meeting | 6:00 pm on the First Tuesday | To encourage and facilitate the full and joyful participation of each member! Spiritual, Service, Fellowship.
Event Type: Event
Event Attendance Mode: https://schema.org/OfflineEventAttendanceMode
Event Status: EventScheduled