Joplin’s New Comfort Dog is Here!
December 9, 2022. After a long wait and months of preparation, Immanuel Lutheran Church and Martin Luther School in Joplin have returned to serving our community with Comfort Dog Ministry. Daniel Comfort Dog is here!
Daniel the Golden Retriever and his team of handlers interact with people at churches, schools, nursing homes, hospitals, events, and in disaster response situations. Daniel is a friend who brings a calming influence and allows people to open up their hearts and receive help for what is affecting them.
Daniel Comfort Dog
- Birthday: January 15, 2021
- Bible verse: “Those who are wise will shine as bright as the sky, and those who lead many to righteousness will shine like the stars forever.” Daniel 12:3
- Special traits: skilled and playful, he lives to please and do his work (as well as chew on a bone at the end of the day.)
- Ministry strength: Daniel is very reliable with his commands and loves to meet new people.
- Favorite snack: an occasional dab of peanut butter inside a Kong toy
- Favorite way to relax: massage, grooming and cuddle time
- Connect with Daniel:
A Legacy of Comfort
Daniel continues the work started by Jackson and Louie the Comfort Dogs in the Summer of 2011, following the EF-5 Joplin Tornado. Louie and Jackson served faithfully for many years in Joplin and surrounding areas, including various deployments across the United States—bringing mercy, compassion and care to thousands of people. Learn more about our original Comfort Dogs and their legacy of service at immanueljoplin.com/COMFORTDOGS.
UPDATE: Daniel Is On The News!
December 11, 2022. Thank you to Jessica Schaer and KSN-16 for the recent news story, helping us to introduce Daniel Comfort Dog to our Joplin community!
Watch it here: https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/news/joplin-news/meet-daniel-comfort-dog/